Our Wedding Day


All images © by Sasha Reiko Photography | www.sashareiko.com
I woke up early on June 25th, 2016 feeling butterflies in my stomach lying next to my best friend since childhood, Megan. She looked at me and said “You’re getting married today!”, in the most excited sleepy voice I’ve ever heard. I smiled and jumped out of bed and showered feeling so thrilled that the day was finally here.  I had spent over a year and a half putting a tremendous amount of work into planning our wedding day and it was finally happening! All of my bridesmaids and I had spent the night in a hotel room the night before the wedding. We woke up, got showered, and headed to the salon. Our hair took less time then we had anticipated so we went back to the hotel for a little bit before heading to the venue. It was wonderful spending the morning in my pajamas not having to worry about anything. My bridal party was amazing, and between them, my mom, my aunt, and my grandma, they took care of everything.



 Our venue was absolutely beautiful. When Tanner and I came across it, we just knew that it was the one. We’re both super outdoorsy people and having our wedding at a tree farm seemed so fitting. The girls and I arrived at the venue about an hour before the guys.When we got there, I ate lunch and my papa gave me  my “something old”. For my something old he gave me my great grandmas wedding ring. This was the first of many times that day that I cried. I felt so honored to get to wear my great grandmas wedding ring. She was an amazing women who unfortunately passed away when I was in elementary school,  I felt like a part of her was with me on my big day
My mom and younger sister helped me put on my wedding dress. I had to be ready before all of my bridesmaids because Tanner and I had our "first look" to do before any other pictures could be taken. There was quite few moments laughter shared between us while they were tying me into my dress. I was standing in the bridal cabin when I heard people say “He’s here! He’s here!” (talking about Tanner). We had forgotten to close all the blinds to the bridal cabin (which Tanner had to walk by to get to the groomsmen loft), so there was an immediate hustle of everyone rushing around shutting the blinds and hiding me. 



Waiting to see Tanner was the most torturous part of the day. We’re extremely close and I usually tell him everything but I had not shown him my wedding dress before the wedding day. I was so scared he wouldn’t like it. After spending almost an hour getting my dress and shoes on, I was ready to go see him. My sister walked me part of the way to the area where he was waiting and then the photographer walked me the rest of the way. His reaction was perfect. I could tell by the look on his face that he loved my dress and I immediately relaxed. We took some time to read our vows to each other and then we were ready to take on our big day together.


After getting pictures taken with just the two of us, the bridal party came out to join us. I hadn’t seen anyone dressed and completely ready because they were all still in pajamas when I left for my first look. Can I just say we had a stellar looking bridal party? They all looked so amazing and I don’t think Tanner and I could have picked a better group of people to be by our sides on our big day. My two nieces were our flower girls that day. My older niece, Sofia, was one of the last people to walk up. When she saw me, she took off running. She gave me the biggest hug and refused to let go. It was such a sweet moment and something I will cherish forever. 
 The bridal party had a break while Tanner and I went off to take pictures with our families. When I walked up to take pictures, I saw my dad for the first time that day and he immediately started crying (he’s a softie), and of course he made me cry in return.
 Tanners side 
My side
When all the pictures were said and done, we hid away to get ready for the ceremony. The best part about the bridal cabin was that it was right in front so I could peek through the window and watch our guests start to arrive. I was feeling nervous, giddy, and excited all at once. When it was finally time for the ceremony, we lined up and got ready to walk out in pairs. It was exciting to watch my friends, my sisters, and my nieces walk down the aisle while I stood in the back with my dad. My younger niece and flower girl, Brooklynn, walked down the aisle throwing the flower petals and promptly picking them up again. Everybody was laughing and it lightened my nerves before walking down the aisle. Then, the song changed and it was my turn. My dad looked at me and asked if I was ready, and tears filled both of our eyes. Happy tears, but tears just the same. I remember walking down the aisle and looking out in the crowd, seeing all the important people in my life sitting there, bearing witnesses to our special day. My mom was in the front row, bawling which was even more surprising because she’s not one to cry. I then looked at Tanner, standing up there looking so handsome and a feeling washed over me. A feeling of knowing that I was making the best decision of my life.
Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful. The best man and officiant, Jacob,  did an outstanding job. My Grandpa Bob did an opening prayer and my aunt Kelly read a passage. I felt like the words of the ceremony spoke right to my heart and it was so sentimental.

We had a break during cocktail hour where Tanner and I sat in the bridal cabin and just decompressed. It was a lot of excitement all at one time so it was nice to take some time to  just be by ourselves. Then we all lined back up to do our entrance into the reception area. Tanner and I picked clips of different songs for each of the bridal party couples to walk/dance to as they were announced into the reception. We didn’t tell them the songs in advance, and it was hilarious to watch them rock out while walking in. We all ate dinner and Tanner and I got to walk around and greet all of our guests. After that, the toasts began. Starting with my dad, then my sister and maid of honor, and finally Jacob. They were all unique and memorable in their own way. After that, Tanner and I had our first slice of cake before moving on to the dance floor. 

My favorite part of the day was probably my first dance with Tanner. A few of the groomsmen performed the song “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” by the Beach Boys. Tanner and I have been a long distance couple for the majority of our relationship. We always talked about how "wouldn't it be nice when we were older and then we wouldn't have to wait so long" described our current situtation. Listening to this song was our way of signifying that chapter of our lives closing and a new one opening because now we are older and we don't have to wait weeks or months to see each other. It was so heartwarming hearing the words that mean so much to me played by some of our really close friends. They did a phenomenal job. When we were dancing, I forgot that everyone else was there and just got lost in the moment.


All images © by Sasha Reiko Photography | www.sashareiko.com
My daddy daughter dance was next. I’ll do a post all about this at a later time, but my dad and I have a really special bond (hence all the tears between us on wedding day).The song we danced to was “I Loved Her First” by Heartland. I still can’t listen to the song without crying. It describes my relationship with my dad perfectly.


All images © by Sasha Reiko Photography | www.sashareiko.com
 When our song ended and the applause subsided, the room began to fill with dancing and laughter from all of our friends and family. Another thing that I liked about the venue, was that for people who weren’t interested in dancing, there was a fire pit outside for roasting marshmallows and making s’mores. The bouquet and garter toss both spurred some passionate competition (see below) in the end the maid of honor caught the bouquet and the best man caught the garter. There was so many smiles and I had a genuinely wonderful time. All too quickly, the night came to a close. Tanner and I had a sparkler send off, and then climbed into this car and drove off. Looking back, it feels like such a long day but it went so fast. It started and was over in a blink of an eye. Throughout the day I made sure to take little moments to myself to really try and soak it all in. It really was the best day of my life and I feel so blessed that so many people came from near and far to celebrate with us. Our wedding day will be a day that I always cherish and hold close to my heart.


All images © by Sasha Reiko Photography | www.sashareiko.com




If you enjoyed this post, check back on Tuesday morning for my next one. 

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day! Thanks for sharing! I love seeing pictures of weddings because it's always a small peak into their life and personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! <3 but I totally agree! Those pictures totally show our personalities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet recap of your wedding day! You looked beautiful and best wishes to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet! :) Thank you so much! It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a beautiful bride!!! I love that you got married at a tree farm. That's so unique and fun! Also that moment with your niece running up to you and not letting go. Gah. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) My nieces are so special to me and I think her running up to me just shows that I'm special to them as well :)

      Delete
  6. How fun!! I love reading about weddings... so much love! You look beautiful in your dress, and it sounds like you had the most perfect day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you<3 It was perfect in every way!

      Delete
  7. So gorgeous! Great photos and it looks like a really relaxed, fun, amazing day! Love that!

    xoxo
    Grady

    www.gradybirdblog.com

    ReplyDelete

 
//]]>