Summertime, What a Difference 400 Miles Makes


It is the end of summer and the beginning of a new school year here in California. There was so much adventure for my first summer in San Diego. Running, swimming, hiking and getting to know my new home has made for an exciting few months. However, it’s been quite a different summer then I’m used to having lived in Arizona the last few years.

In Arizona, summer is known as the worst time of year. It's so hot and miserable that you pretty much can't do anything outside. It's the time of year where you are so sweaty that your legs stick to the leather seats of cars (because of course, we all wear shorts) and you can barely open the door to your own house because the handle burns to the touch. A summer in Arizona also comes with the famous monsoon season. A monsoon usually means that you'll walk into your backyard to find it covered in layers of dust and there will randomly be moments or hours of rain mixed in with a thunderstorm. That may sound nice because in most places, when it rains the temperature cools. Not in Arizona! Rain just means you're getting wet on top of being covered in sweat. I was always looking for ways to go north to Flagstaff for the day or just leave the state. Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate Arizona all year round. You can't beat their fall and winter but summer is the worst.

If you're from California, then you know that summer is almost nothing like how I described it in Arizona. I live in San Diego, where the summer heat is paired with a cool breeze. There are so many outdoor activities to enjoy. This summer I enjoyed spending time at the beautiful beaches, walking along the surfs, hiking in numerous locations and exploring different areas of San Diego. Towards the beginning of summer, Tanner and I moved into a condo that has a pool at the complex so there were many days and nights spent in the pool. I also enjoyed walking through the different towns and parks (yes to catch Pok√©mon... but also to see the beautiful scenery). My favorite place to be this summer was Coronado because it has a little piece of everything I described. This summer in San Diego has been one of my best summers yet.   

As sad as I am to see summer come to a close I am looking forward to the cooler weather, crunching of leaves and of course, the pumpkin spice lattes that come with fall. 



Where is your favorite place to be in the summer? What are you looking forward to about fall?

5 comments:

  1. Admittedly I love fall, but since we've moved to Vancouver this summer I find summer quite pleasant here. It hardly gets as hot as it did in Vancouver, so summer is quite awesome. We shall see how fall is in Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. San Diego is perfect all year round. But...I'm not sure you are going to get crunchy leaves in fall. You might have to drive to Julian or Idyllwild :) Fall is the one thing I missed living in CA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh totally :) I plan on driving to Julian as often as I can in fall! It's such a cute town.

      Delete
  3. We went to Orange Beach this summer and it was amazing. I loved the beach. But I do love fall and can't wait for the cooler weather. It's my favorite season. It even smells different in the fall. I'm so excited about fall coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny that you say it smells different! I was just saying that to my husband :) I love the crisp fresh air that fall brings!

      Delete

 
//]]>