Brooklynn's 2nd Birthday


This last weekend was a BLAST. As I've mentioned before, I have two nieces that live in Washington. I was able to fly to Washington this last weekend for my niece, Brooklynn's second birthday.

My adventure began Friday night, leaving San Diego and flying to Washington. When I landed, I called my dad only to find out that the airport was packed... That wasn't too surprising considering it was a Friday night of a holiday weekend but it did take my dad quite awhile to meet up with me. When I finally did meet up with him, we headed straight for my aunt Kelly's house. It was late by the time I finally got settled in so we all headed to bed not long after. 


Saturday was when the fun began. That morning we woke up, got ready, and headed to my sister's house. Brooklynn is obsessed with cows and pretty much all farm animals. She also LOVES Minnie Mouse. My sister combined my nieces two favorite things making it a farm/cowgirl/minnie party. It was ADORABLE and probably one of the more unique combinations I've seen.. All the snacks were themed and Brooklynn even had a customized shirt that fit in nicely with the theme. I had so much fun running around chasing Brooklynn and Sofia (my other niece). I probably spent around an hour total playing "pretend" restaurant with the girls. They pretended that the bottom half of the playset was a restaurant and they had me stand on one side while they stood on the other taking my orders. I can't tell you how many pretend pizzas and hot dogs I ordered and "ate" ;)  It's so much fun watching the girls play and run around. After awhile, Brooklynn opened her gifts. Tanner and I had given her an easel and since that's a hard gift to wrap, I gave it to her just before her party started. I told her who it was from, and her grandma asked her if she liked it and she said "Yeah! Auntie Cole!" pointing to me. I was so glad she understood the gift was from us and she seemed to like it! I got Sofia an easel as well when she was younger and I still see her playing with it. I think it's something she'll be able to use for years to come! After Brooklynn opened all of her gifts, it was time for the best part of all birthday parties.. cake. Right before we started singing, I was holding Brooklynn and I was practicing blowing out pretend candles with her. I have to say that after we finished singing, she nailed the blowing out the candles part :) 

All too quickly the fantastic party came to an end and it was time to head back to my aunt Kelly's house. We all relaxed for a bit before my sister Jessica and Sofia came over to play. Sofia loves Kelly's backyard because she has a small "wishing well". My aunt makes great money off of that thing because Sofia can always manage to convince her Pepaw (my dad) to give her coins ;) The wishes that she makes are so sweet. This time she wished that there would be flowers outside and dirt for the flowers... That was not a hard wish to make come true ;) After making probably around ten wishes or so, we colored for awhile. She's so creative and I love listening to her tell me all about the pictures she's making. 

That evening after Jessica and Sofia left, I spent awhile playing Skipbo with my mom, aunt and sister. Its not one of my favorite games but I enjoy playing games in general because it's a great way to spend time with my family. That night, after such a long and fun-filled day, I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Sunday morning I woke up extra early and after I got ready, I had time to play dice with my aunt Kelly. We play dice for quarters which is a fun way to make it slightly more competitive :) Every time you win a game, you have to give your opponent a quarter.  I ended up winning quite a few games and I took almost all of her quarters this time but because we play so often, I'm sure she'll manage to win them back at Thanksgiving when I see her next. 

After awhile of playing dice and getting ready, my mom, dad, sister and I headed off to Remlinger Farm... It's a small family owned farm that has small rides, ponies that kids can ride on, farm animals they can pet and feed, and a train that goes around the site. Sunday was Brooklynn's actual birthday and there was no better place that we could've spent her day. She had such a great time. We were in one area that had ponies, sheep and goats and she kept chasing them around, petting them and saying hi. I was so happy watching her face light up as she ran around the outside of the fences where the animals were kept. "Oh hi big goat! hi baby goat"! I don't think I've ever seen her more excited, the only thing that could have made it better is if they could say hi back! In a different area of the farm, the girls were able to actually ride the ponies and they LOVED it. Poor Brooklynn was upset when she got off because her mom told her she couldn't ride the cows... It's hard being two, isn't it? ;) . At the farm they also had "toddler rides" for the girls to go on and the two of them went on their first ever ride without adults! It was these little corn on the cobs that went in a circle and as you can see from the picture below, they didn't mind being on their own! At one point they even threw their hands up with joy. As soon as our day at the farm was done, I had to head to the airport. Goodbyes are always rough on me but I was still happy because it was such a great weekend celebrating an amazing girl. I am beyond happy that I get to continue to watch Brooklyn grow up, but I certainly wish that time would go a little slower... 








2 comments:

 
//]]>