Fried Chicken in the Park

I was born and raised in Washington State. I moved away in the 7th grade but the majority of my childhood memories are from my time in Washington. My childhood house had a huge back yard with a creek running through it. My favorite thing to do in those days was to have a picnic by that creek. There was nothing more relaxing then just sitting in the grass listening to the rushing water. When my family and I did have a picnic by the creek, we didn't have the traditional sandwiches. Instead, we'd always get Kentucky Fried Chicken. I vividly remember sitting on a blanket in the grass on warm summer days, eating fried chicken while talking with my family. It was pure happiness.  The only time that my family would ever have KFC was if we were having a picnic; so naturally, KFC still reminds me of my childhood to this day.



One of the items on my fall bucket list was to have a picnic in the park. On Saturday Tanner and I picked up some KFC and headed to the park. The park that we chose for our picnic is called Old Poway Park. If you're from the San Diego area, I highly recommend that you check it out. It's an adorable park that looks like it is straight out of the 1950's. It has vintage looking buildings, a veterans memorial, a huge grassy area with paved paths, even a train that goes around the outside of the park complete with a train station. I think it's SO cute and  it made the perfect place for our picnic.


The weather for our picnic was perfect; warm with a breeze. There happened to be a quinceanera going on in the park so we ate our fried chicken while listening to some beautiful traditional Hispanic music.. I may have checked picnic in the park off of my fall bucket list; however, Tanner and I enjoyed it so much that I have a feeling we'll be doing it again sometime soon :)
On Sunday we started another activity on my fall bucket list, a fall themed puzzle. Neither of us have much experience with puzzles, when we picked one out at the store, we grabbed a 1,000 piece puzzle thinking that it would be easy. We were wrong. Even though it's going to take more time then we initially thought, we were both surprised to find how relaxing and enjoyable it was. It’s so satisfying when you find the exact piece you've been searching for. For now, our puzzle is a work in progress, but  I'll post pictures when it’s finished. It was another wonderful weekend!

Did you do anything fall related this weekend? Tell me about it in the comments!



3 comments:

  1. The weather has been too hot still, hovering in the mid-80's but something I would like to do soon is a nice, fall hike. I haven't done a puzzle in the longest time, but I can actually imagine how relaxing it would feel!
    Danielle @ afloat on a full sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes absolutely! I love hiking in the fall time once the weather finally cools down :) I recommend a fall puzzle for sure! We got this one from target. In the future I'd get one that isn't so many pieces ;)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I love the puzzle idea - I may need to do that myself!!! And so fun you guys used to do KFC - one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
//]]>