The Happiest Place on Earth: Part Two

You can read part one of this post here.


If you have been following along then you already know that I went to Disneyland for one day with my nieces a few weeks ago. Disneyland offers the military and their families a 3 day park-hopper pass for $140. That's $100 off their normal 3 day park-hopper price! I purchased a 3 day park hopper pass and only used one of the days up until this last weekend.

I convinced my family to come up from Arizona to use the last two days of my ticket with me. My grandparents, parents and sister came along for the adventure. It was a whirlwind of a trip and I'm thankful that they live close and were able to come.


This weekend was different then when I went a few weeks ago because they had Halloween decorations up! Main street and the entrance of Disneyland was my favorite part of the park. They decorate it to look like the town in the movie, Halloweentown. In the movie, they have a gigantic pumpkin in the middle of the town and in Disneyland they had the same thing except the pumpkin was shaped to look like Mickey's head. I love decorating for different holidays in my own home so I was especially excited to see that Disneyland goes all out for Halloween. It makes the park feel even more magical to me.






Disneyland also made some changes to a few of the rides for Halloween. They changed the Haunted Mansion to make it themed like the movie the Nightmare Before Christmas. I've never actually seen that movie, but I know that the ride had a mixture of Halloween and Christmas d├ęcor. I've been on Haunted Mansion many times so I enjoyed seeing the new decorations for the holidays. My favorite ride is Space Mountain. It's an fast indoor roller coaster that takes you through outer space. On this ride for Halloween, they added ghosts. When I first heard of this change, I pictured white friendly looking ghosts. I was so wrong. They're orange/red ghoul looking things. It certainly made my favorite ride a bit scarier but I still enjoyed it.

Isn't that so creepy?
Disneyland is always a different experience when you go with only adults. With my nieces, I went only on kids rides and we took our time going from ride to ride. This time, we went on all of the fast "big kid" rides and enjoyed running around the park.  There were a few rides that we were able to go on multiple times in the two days because we moved around the park so quickly. 

The lines at Disneyland can sometimes be awful. I've been there when the line can be anywhere from 40 to 90 minutes long. We were extremely lucky on this trip. The longest we waited for a ride was one hour and that was only on one ride. All of the other rides had wait times between 5 and 30 minutes. It makes Disneyland so much more enjoyable when you don't feel like you're spending the entire day waiting in lines. 

Disneyland is a very special place for my family. My grandparents had their first date at Disneyland and it was a frequent vacation destination for me as a child. We have been so many times that we have developed certain traditions that we do every time we visit the park. One tradition that we have is we always watch the Tiki Room show. Every single person in my family could recite that 15 minute show to you and yet we still go every single time. Another tradition we have is to always get corn dogs, usually at the stand on main street. They are delicious and when I was little I used to sit on main street with my sister eating our corn dogs and watching the parades.  We always end our trips with ice cream from the shop on main street. The traditions we have developed over the years are special to me and I look forward to them every time we visit. 

I always create positive memories when I visit Disneyland; this time was no exception. I looking forward to building on these memories and sharing them with my children one day.
My Papa is clearly thrilled that I'm the one driving ;)



2 comments:

  1. Love Disneyland, especially in the fall. You took great pictures that really capture the feel of the park. I'm glad your family could come to visit and enjoy the adventure with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love Disney! We're just a few short hours from Disney World here in Florida but I would love to check out Disneyland one day.

    ReplyDelete

 
//]]>