5 Shows on Netflix Worth Binge Watching


I have been obsessed with Netflix for quite some time. I have been thinking about doing this post for awhile now, and I finally decided that today was the day! I have watched quite a few shows on Netflix in the last few years. I compiled a list of my 5 favorite Netflix shows that are so good, they're worth binge watching. Here's my list: 


1. Friends
This is a classic show that I recommend for people of all ages. It's a 10 season long series about 6 friends going through life together. There’s Rachel, the spoiled girl used to getting what she wants and finally has to work for the first time in her life. Phoebe, the sweet but incredibly ditsy girl who plays terrible songs. Monica, the smart clean freak who has had to work hard for everything she has. Ross, the intelligent emotional paleontologist. Joey, the want to be actor who loves women. And finally, Chandler, the guy who has a job in a cubical and uses humor to make it through his dull career. These 6 friends spend each episode just trying to figure out how to survive their life. This show provides great comic relief and I began to feel attached to the characters almost immediately. It's a super easy show to get into. I was hooked from Episode 1. 

2. New Girl 
New Girl is a show that they're actually still filming. There's five seasons so far on Netflix and the 6th season is currently being aired every Tuesday on Fox. This show is absolutely hilarious. It's about an eccentric girl named Jess who moves in with three single boys. The episodes are super short but it's all about the trials and tribulations that this group of friends face such as getting new jobs, getting into relationships (sometimes with eachother!) and being unemployed. I guarantee you'll be hooked right away. 

 3. How I Met Your Mother 
How I Met Your Mother has 9 seasons but it's another classic that I encourage you to check out if you have the time! It's the story of how the main character, Ted Mosby, meets the mother of his children. It features Ted and his 4 friends and all the events that led up to Ted meeting the mother. I am totally guilty of binge-watching this one. It's another sitcom that always had me either on the edge of my seat, or rolling on the floor laughing. I'm debating watching this one all over again...

4. The Office 
I'm sure that most of you have heard of The Office. I had seen episodes but I had never watched it all the way through until my husband and I moved in together. It's a 9 season long show all about the office of a mediocre paper company. It's a fake documentary that captures the lives of the people in the office. I absolutely loved watching this show because it never failed to make me laugh and it always had me wishing there was more. There's a plot development and character development that continues throughout each episode even though each episode covers a different subject. It features Michael Scott, the insensitive manager constantly doing things that will have you saying "Oh he did not just do that...". The characters in this show make up such a quirky, unique group that you can't help but laugh! 

5. Gilmore Girls 
I had to save the best for last. My absolute favorite show right now is Gilmore Girls. It’s a 7 season long show that ended in 2007. However, they've announced that they're coming out with a new mini-season this November! They'll be putting the new season on Netflix so now is your chance to catch up on this amazing show before the new season comes out! 

The episodes are a little bit longer, about 45 minutes, but so worth it! The show features a young single mom, Lorelai, raising her daughter Rory in the small-town of Stars Hallow. The show is filled with colorful, unique characters that provide for some interesting stories. You get to watch young Rory develop and face challenges as she goes through high school and college. Simultaneously, you get to see Lorelai parent through all of this while also having her own life featuring boyfriends, coffee and running an Inn. It's a great girly show that I would suggest to any of my female readers!

Let me know if you have a chance to check any of these shows out. Is there anything I'm missing? Tell me in the comments section below :) 

30 comments:

  1. All of these are great shows!

    xoxo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started watching Gilmore Girls again and I'm obsessed. Another good one is Scandal, and Gotham. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that scandal was good! I'll definitely have to check it out :) And I've never heard of Gotham! I'll look that up too!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with all of your suggestions and have one to add... Chuck. I recently binged the whole show and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Chuck! I'll definitely check it out :)

      Delete
  4. One of our favorites is Psych. I'm still in mourning over it being canceled, but at least I can watch all the seasons on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I totally forgot about Psych! Such a good show. I was SO sad when it ended too...

      Delete
  5. I've actually started to watch Gilmore Girls this year. Lol. Never watched it until now. Guess I'm enjoying all the hype that it has been getting and rather glad that I can binge watch all of them up until the new episodes come out next month.

    I also like watching Sherlock too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never watched Gilmore girls until this last year too! It's such a good show though :)

      Delete
  6. Love the list! I watch Friends on Netflix all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I currently am watching that one every morning before work ;)

      Delete
  7. YAY Gilmore Girls! I'm currently re-watching season 5 :) Can't wait for the revival to come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I'm so so excited for it :) I wish it was longer then 4 episodes though...

      Delete
  8. I completely agree with everythings on this list! Especially Gilmore Girls! I CAN'T WAIT FOR NOVEMBER!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in the middle of binge-watching Orange is the new black.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How I Met Your Mother is such a great show. I was really disappointed in how it ended, but any ending wouldn't have been good enough I don't think. I've only seen a few episodes of The Office, and I think it'll be my next show to binge watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many good ones! I can't seem to get on the New Girl bandwagon for some reason. Can't wait for the return of Gilmore Girls though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen all of them many many times except for Gilmore girls.. About time I give that a shot too!

    — DT | Here I Scribble

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! I think I've watched the entire season of Friends at least 2 times, and I'm still not sick of it. I can't wait to watch the Gilmore Girls reunion show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I might have to watch the Gilmore Girls. I have never watched it and it seems like such a hugely popular show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! I have seen every episode of all of these except The Office. I'll have to give that one another try. I am SUPER excited for the 4 episode Year in the Life of Gilmore Girls coming next month though! I will be binging that -probably several times. I should rewatch all the Gilmore Girls in preparation....

    xoxo Lauren @ Glitter & Grandeur

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! I love all these shows! We watch Friends every night as we get ready for bed. I can honestly say I've see each episode AT LEAST 40-50 times. #obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  17. The only one on here I'm not as much of a fan of is New Girl. But the rest I could watch over and over again haha currently I'm binge watching Gilmore Girls to prepare for the new season. I've been very much wanting to get back to How I Met Your Mother as well. LOVED that show. And my husband and I are also watching Parks and Rec. It has the same feel as The Office which I think is why we like it so much lol

    xo, Keating | Why Hello Lovely
    www.whyhellolovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. New Girl is my absolute favorite! AFter Friends of course.

    ReplyDelete
  19. so i've actually watched all these shows and every episode too!!
    http://www.layersofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your list! I've loved The Office since the beginning, and it's always in my "continue watching" queue on Netflix. Right now I'm binge-watching 30 Rock. I caught a few episodes here and there when it was on TV, but I'm loving it even more now!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  21. I must admit I've recently re-binged through the Office! I remember when it was originally on and I was so excited to watch it ALL the way through again!

    ReplyDelete

 
//]]>