Friday Favorites: 2nd Edition

Happy Friday friends! :) I tried out Friday Favorites a few weeks ago and really enjoyed doing it. It's not something I'll commit to every week, but I decided to do round two today! 
Here are my 5 favorites for this week:

[One]

Last week, I started a long term job substitute teaching job at a middle school. It was conferences last week which meant I only had half days with the students. This week is my first full week with them and I'm loving it. I am teaching Social Studies with 6th graders and AVID with 8th graders. I'm truly enjoying getting back into teaching. As a regular substitute, you only have day to day jobs and they rarely consist of actually teaching. I am usually just giving a test or an easy assignment. With long term substitute jobs, I get to actually teach and get to know the students. I'll be doing this job all the way until the middle of January. I'm excited to see what the next three months hold! 


[Two]
Tanner and I are going camping this weekend! I'll talk all about it on the blog next week, but I'm super excited. It's been two years since I went camping last and I'm thrilled to get to go again this weekend! It's going to be a much needed break for both of us..

[Three]

I am currently obsessed with the Paper Mate Flair Felt Tip Pins. If you don't know what I'm talking about, see the picture below. They come in so many different colors and they make me want to color-code everything I write. They write super well and I use them literally everyday in the classroom. If you haven't tried them, buy them on amazon now! You can do that by simply clicking the "shop now" button on the picture below. 



[Four]

Recently, I've been obsessed with making to-do lists. They have been my life saver this week. On Monday, I felt extremely overwhelmed by the amount of work I had to accomplish. I decided to make a to-do list each day. I used my Paper Mate pens to color code them into three sections: blog, personal and work. It worked wonders for me this week. I was so much more productive and it felt so good crossing things off of my list.  

[Five]

I love coming home each day after work and sitting down at the table to have dinner with Tanner. There are many evenings when we're both so busy that the only time we actually get to spend together is during dinner. I think its so important because it allows us to decompress and confide in each other after a long day. Its something that I will continue make a priority when we have kids one day.

What were your favorite things about this week? Do you have anything fun planned this weekend?


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Right?! I need to get more because mine are running out ;)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the long term substitute teaching job! That's exciting! I have not seen those pens before. I will have to check them out. I love colorful pens! I have not been camping in years. I think it would be fun to go camping again. I hope you enjoy your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm loving it so far :) You have to try these pens out! I normally don't have certain preferences when it comes to things like pens but I'm obsessed with these. We had a great camping trip! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I am with you on the to-do lists. But I never thought to color code them! I love that idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE color coding them :) It makes it feel even more organized!

      Delete

 
//]]>