Friday Favorites: 3rd Edition


[One] Fitbit
For about 3 years now I have been using a fitbit. I currently have the one shown below: 


I absolutely love it! The goal is to get 10,000 steps a day. Sometimes that's an easy goal for me to reach and sometimes its really difficult but I love being challenged. You can add friends on the fitbit app and there are different challenges you can do to motivate each other. For example, there's a challenge called the workweek hustle where the goal is to get the most steps by the end of the week! Everyone that joins the challenge can see your progress throughout the week and there's even a comment thread on it so you can push each other when you notice someone isn't keeping up! It's so motivating.

I mentioned last week that I use MyFitnessPal to keep track of what food I eat. My favorite thing about my fitbit is that I can link it up with MyFitnessPal and MFP will give me extra calories when I've done a lot of exercise for that day. If you don't have a fitbit, I highly reccomend adding it to your Christmas list this year :) It's well worth the money! 

[Two] House of Cards
My husband and I are currently obsessed with this series on Netflix. It's such a great show and keeps me on the edge of my seat. There's only 4 seasons on Netflix and we're currently working our way through the last season. It's. So. Good. I can't tell you how many times Tanner and I have looked at each other and have been like "Did that really just happen?" ;) If you're looking for a new show to binge watch on Netflix, House of Cards is my recommendation! Do I have any fellow House of Cards lovers on here?!


[Three] Pretty Simple Ideas- Guest Post
My first ever guest post when live this week on my friend Sarah's blog, Pretty Simple Ideas. I posted 6 tips for planning a long distance wedding. I am SO excited that I had the opportunity to write a guest post. You can check it out here:  
http://prettysimpleideas.com/2016/10/6-tips-for-planning-a-long-distance-wedding/

Make sure to follow my dear friend, Sarah on social media! 
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/prettysimpleideas/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/PrettySimpleSar/
Instagram: https://instagram.com/sarahalthouse
Twitter: https://twitter.com/prettysimplesar

[Four] Manicure

I have a terrible habit of biting my fingernails. Because of that, I rarely get manicures. The Marine Corps Ball is rapidly approaching and I'm really trying to grow out my nails, so this week I went and got a manicure. It was SO nice to just have 45 minutes to myself where I didn't have to do anything. :) 

[Five] Falling Doors
If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram then you probably saw the picture below of my shower door. On Wednesday morning, I went to take a shower, pulled the door too hard and it fell into the wall. Oops.. I immediately started laughing because I'm so clumsy that it's just my luck I'd pull so hard that the shower door came off.. Luckily, when Tanner came home he was able to quickly put it back on and the hole in the wall isn't too big ;) 




How was your week?! Anything interesting or funny happen? I always love reading your comments<3 Please share below! 

11 comments:

  1. Oh no!! You're poor shower door. And I loved that guest post! I still don't know how you did it haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! My poor wall that has a hole in it... ;)

      Thank you so much! I'm so happy you checked out my guest post! It was definitely tough... But worth it to get married in the state we both had family in :)

      Delete
  2. Haha my week was so uneventful compared to yours! I have a Fitbit flex and I adore it.

    Alix | www.apintsizedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaa I'm sure it was more eventful for you then you think ;) I love Friday Favorites because they make me think of all the positive things happening in my week!

      Delete
  3. I love HOC too!! And have totally done that to my shower, ugh! Happy the hole in the wall isn't too bad!

    Rachel | www.theconfusedmillennial.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You watch HOC?! I'm obsessed :) I'll reach out to you once I finish the seasons on Netflix ;)

      I just learned that apparently that happens to those shower doors all the time... Such a pain!

      Delete
  4. Wow, can't believe the foor fell! I count my steps as well. It is motivating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! What do you use to count your steps?! I think it's so great!

      Delete
  5. I love my FitBit too! But I need to get better about charging it. It's currently sitting on my nightstand, dead as a doornail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha that totally made me laugh! Do what I do, the second mine dies, I plug it in over night and set an alarm the next morning so I remember to grab it!

      Delete
  6. I used to pick at my nails all the time then I started getting shellac manicures regularly and I have completely stopped! Who wants to mess up a nice manicure!

    ReplyDelete

 
//]]>