My Sister Jessica

As some of you know, I have 3 sisters. I've mentioned this briefly on the blog before, but today I wanted to dedicate a post to talking about them.

I have two older sisters, Alicia and Jessica that some may call my half-sisters. I never refer to them that way because I think that sounds like they aren't my "real" sisters and they are. I also have a younger sister named Amber that lived with me full time growing up while Alicia and Jessica lived with their mom. The arrangement made it so the holidays were split and they were at our house every other weekend.

If you have siblings, then you know that the relationship we have is unexplainable. We have had  our fair share of arguments and disagreements over the years but in the end we will always have each others backs. I am so thankful to have grown up with 3 sisters because I was given three amazing women to be my friends forever. Amber and I moved to Arizona when I was 13 years old making it so that we saw Jessica and Alicia even less then before. Last year, I moved to California making it so that I didn't live near any of my sisters. It made me appreciate them so much more then I already did. I love that even though there is distance between us, we remain closer then ever. My sisters truly are my best friends.
In order from left to right: Jessica, Amber, me and Alicia. 
Today is a very special day because it is Jessica’s birthday. It's hard living in a different state because I never feel like I get to really celebrate her birthday with her. Jessica is one of the kindest and strongest people that I have ever known. No matter what life throws at her, she always seems to come out on top with a smile on her face. Jessica is one of those people who tells it like it is. She is always honest with me, telling me what I need to hear even if its not necessarily what I want to hear. I know that I can always count on her to call me out when I'm overthinking something or to tell me to fix my shirt when I have it on backwards. ;) At the same time, she has always been there for me when I need some sympathy and someone to confide in. Jessica is the kind of mother to Sofia, that I hope to be to my children one day. I am so lucky to call her my sister.
One of my favorite memories with Jessica happened in Arizona. My younger sister, Amber has always been the one in the family that is good at learning the lyrics to every song. Jessica and I decided that one night we wanted to surprise her by being able to rap a few lines from the song, "Bottoms Up". We spent hours listening to that song over and over and over again. We eventually got it memorized but I think Amber was only slightly impressed.
That's only one of the many memories that we have shared together. I wish I could be there to celebrate this special day with her in person. Hopefully one day soon I’ll be able to. :)  


Happy Birthday Jess! Sending you lots of love.


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you guys have such a sweet bond! Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! You guys are such cute sisters. And I totally know what you mean about appreciating them when you can't see them--my little sister is doing a semester in Chile and I'm like, ummm wanna come home now? Haha. Happy bday to your sister Jess!

    ReplyDelete

 
//]]>