October Goals

Can you believe that it is already October?! I feel like just yesterday it was the start of 2016 and now we're getting really close to 2017. It's crazy how fast time is flying.

This month I wanted to set some personal goals and some goals for my blog. I'm hoping that by setting goals for myself it will keep my blog growing and keep me on track in my personal life. Here are my goals for October:


Personal:

1. Exercise 20 times this month.
I typically exercise 4 times a week, and I make my "rest" days on Wednesdays. I want to continue doing that but I would like to start exercising one day each weekend. Its the perfect time of year in San Diego to go hiking or running outside so I am hoping to take advantage of the good weather this month.

2. Use MyFitnessPal
If you aren't familiar with it, MyFitnessPal is an app that you can use to keep track of calorie intake each day. You can scan the barcodes of the food you eat, or you can look it up in their system. It tells you how many calories you should be eating each day based off your height, weight and how many pounds you want to lose each week. I used this app last year and lost about 15 pounds from it. Unfortunately, I didn't stick with it so I gained those pounds back. I'm hoping this month to use MyFitnessPal every single day. As you have noticed, my personal goals this month have to do with getting healthy. I'm trying to get back in shape and on track with my health post-wedding. I let myself go more then I should have ;)

3. Organize my photo album.
I like to keep photo albums from each year. I am extremely behind! I haven't updated my album since April. I just finally printed all of the pictures so I'm hoping to organize them and put them in the photo album this month.

Blog Goals:
1. Create 12 blog posts this month.
I typically post only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This month, my goal is to post 3 times a week on average. I started doing it a little last month but this month I'd like to do it more consistently. I know that being consistent in posting is extremely important to keep my followers interested.


2. 250 followers on Bloglovin!
In September, I gained 100 followers on Bloglovin. For the month of October I decided to shoot for the stars in the hopes of gaining just over 100 followers again this month. It won't be easy but I believe it's possible! It was hard work last month to gain all of those followers. I would love to keep that trend up!


3. 200 followers on Facebook!
I would like to start growing my blog's Facebook page as well. I made this number smaller because I think it's a little harder to gain followers on Facebook then on Bloglovin. I am currently at 133 followers.  

I set some big goals for myself this month. I can't wait to re-visit it at the end of October to see how I did! Anything is possible right?

7 comments:

  1. These are all great and attainable goals. I've just started keeping goals this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow blogger I appreciate you sharing! You're giving me some motivation to make bigger goals instead of just going with the flow, so thank you :)

    Xoxo,
    Kylie Gravlee
    www.coffeewithkylie.com
    @coffeewithkylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats on gaining that many followers on Bloglovin! I need to get on your level...I've been doing it for two years now and making zero progress. Ah! Exercising 20 times this month is a great goal, and it's easy to hold yourself accountable with a solid number. Good luck!
    -Samantha @ samantharosesays.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals! I find it hard to workout on weekends as well. I take dance classes during the week so it is a built in workout and a class credit. When I am not on campus, I find it much harder to motivate myself to go to the gym. We can do it though! I also use MyFitnessPal. It is my favorite calorie counter. It has helped me lose weight easily and healthily. I love that it tracks your nutrient intake as well. I am going to go follow you on BlogLovin' now. I am also trying to increase my social media following so I understand the struggle. Good luck with all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, anything is possible! Congrats on your growth! I agree, Facebook is a tough one to crack :) I love MyFitnessPal, it is so great for accountability. You have some great goals lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your gain in followers - that is amazing! Fitness is definitely something I struggle with. I think I need to go back to using MyFitnessPal app, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use My Fitness Pal as well! It has helped me stay on track during marathon training.

    Floradise: www.maretteflora.com

    ReplyDelete

 
//]]>