Pumpkin Fever

This weekend we made great progress on my fall bucket list. In case you haven't been following along, you can see my fall bucket list at the bottom of this post. 

We woke up on Saturday and went to the closest corn maze that we could find. I'm sad to say that it was an epic fail. It was a super small corn maze and we found our way out in about 5 minutes.. I was pretty disappointed but we still managed to have a good time. 
Tanner pretending we're lost ;) 
The corn maze also had a little pumpkin patch but when we looked at the pumpkins, they were charging $20 each! Instead, we picked up two pumpkins from Walmart for $4 ;) We went home, turned on some Halloween music, and carved our pumpkins in our backyard. We really enjoyed spending time together and it was actually really relaxing. After picking up some battery powered tea lights at the dollar store our pumpkins were finished! 

The EGA was much more difficult to carve then I thought it would be.... 
Our front door all decked out for fall. 
While we were emptying our pumpkins, I separated out the pumpkin seeds so that I could bake them. I made two different batches. The first batch of pumpkin seeds I made to be sweet, with cinnamon and sugar. Tanner did the second batch and he made it a savory flavor with Italian seasoning. Both of the batches were quite tasty. They were so much better then the traditional way of doing pumpkin seeds with just salt and pepper. I snacked on them all weekend ;) 
This picture is of the Italian seasoned batch... I forgot to take a picture of the cinnamon and sugar seeds before I ate them all...

It was another great weekend! Have you started the fall bucket list? If not there's still time left! I have done 11 out of the 19 items on this list. Join me! 

17 comments:

  1. Great fall to do list and you are well on your way to having more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are hoping to cross a few things off our list this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you opted for getting pumpkins from Walmart instead! Smart!!! Very cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two things I have not completed on my fall list yet are: Haunted hayride and watching Hocus Pocus. Still a few days left though to get them done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun time! I love the picture of you two in the maze.. too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun list! You'll have a great Fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fall bucket list and your pictures! You two are so cute! I'm gonna have to try the cinnamon and sugar seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your list looks great! I went apple picking a couple weekends ago, it's definitely my favorite fall activity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Looks like it was a super fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your photos, you both look like you had a great time! My boyfriend and I also carved pumpkins last weekend. It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww looks so fun! Love the way you decorated your doorstep. SO cute.


    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! This is exactly why fall is my favorite season!

    xo Kelsey | www.chasingcinderellablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so fun! Can't believe they were charging $20 per pumpkin.. how is that possible?! Glad you found some good ones - they turned out great!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a fun weekend! We went to a pumpkin patch too, and I plan on carving a pumpkin this weekend with my hubby. And I totally agree- carving pumpkins is super relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun time! Those pumpkin seeds look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love pumpkin seeds and your bucket list looks like my fall goals :)

    ReplyDelete

 
//]]>